Our dedicated soil laboratory has state-of-the-art equipment to provide our clients with efficient and accurate services relating to a number of key areas of material testing and analysis.
- Organic matter analysis (loss on ignition)
- Saturated hydraulic conductivity measurement
- Moisture release curve measurement
- Clay percentage content
- Bulk density analysis
- Soil moisture and salinity analysis
- Surface hardness testing
- Surface shear testing
- Digital Image Analyzer
- NDVI analysis (Trimble "Greenseeker")
- Soil nutrient analysis (Through our various professional alliances we are able to interpret analysis against a range of parameters: MLSN, reams and conventional)
- Sand carpet contamination assessment
- Material Particle Size Distribution (PSD)
- Physical material analysis and assessment of angularity, sphericity, stability, and crushing potential, etc.
- Specific cricket clay analysis i.e. shrinking and swelling, motty test and resistance to cracking, etc.
- Soil compaction testing
- Seed germination testing
Turfgrass pathology services:
- Turfgrass disease diagnostic lab
- Recommendations on turfgrass pest and disease reduction strategies and IPM practices
- Plant tissue analysis
The NZTMS Turf Laboratory also offers overseas clients services through our strategic alliance with Hill Laboratories (Hamilton). We work alongside Hill Labs to provide a full MPI accredited Transitional facility (TF) that enables us to freely accept samples of plant, soil and aggregates for physical and chemical analysis.
Please contact us to enquire about any of the above services that our laboratory and turfgrass pathology lab can offer. We are also able to offer interpretation on a wide range of additional analysis through our association with expert service providers.
The NZTMS Soil Laboratory, Glenbrook, Auckland.