Welcome to the New Zealand Turf Management Solutions (NZTMS) website.
An introduction to NZTMS:
Will Bowden (Founder and Manager of NZTMS) has been in the turf industry for over 20 years. During this time Will has worked as a golf course manager, turfgrass lecturer, ecological manager and most recently as a turfgrass agronomist and advisor in New Zealand.
For the past 8 years Will has provided independent and science-based advise and technical support to a wide range of clients in New Zealand, Australia and the Pacific Islands. Core areas of specific expertise include:
- Turfgrass agronomy and pathology (Will was responsible for initially observing a sub species of parasitic nematode never before recorded in NZ soil)
- Golf course and greenspace ecological management & NZ's only registered GEOSA (Provision of detailed habitat management plans for out-of-play areas of the golf course)
- Laboratory analysis of materials associated with all turfgrass systems
- Development and instigation of independent R&D at dedicated turf research facilities in NZ
- Delivery of education and bespoke training at conferences and independently commissioned workshops
- Sports field feasibility, design and specification writing
Will is also an active member on the STANZ Executive and as such committed to the development and promotion of the New Zealand turf management industry and all related recreational fields.
Since Its establishment in 2019, NZTMS has now expanded its core staff, taking on Spencer Myer (formerly NZSTI) and Tyla Otene (formerly Auckland Council) to add increased resources and specialist expertise to our offerings. We also have Trent on board who works part-time based at our R&D facility as a Technician. Trent is currently undertaking his Level 4 qualification in turf management.
The fundamental commitment of NZTMS is to provide all our clients with:
Advise • Innovation • Research